Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

CNY Preparation 1 & Almond Cookies

Countdown to CNY will only have less a week now....what did I done so far?....hhmmm.....seems like almost 90% to the end....left only my bedsheet need to change and continue my half way of the decoration....this year would be my 2nd year celebrating CNY with the 'lil one...with him sometimes I have to let go my afternoon nap or work extra time in the midnite as he is very very sticky unless daddy was around to look after him....if unlucky he'll get spank from me....as I told you guys before I can't stand of baby or toddler or kids crying.....really annoying and irritating my ears....hubby know me well about this and seems like till know I still cannot control my emotions to overcome the problem....think of 2nd baby?..no thanks at this moment! unless can guarantee he/she will not cry at anytime he/she like....got meh?.....

OK..enough of those nagging parts....welcome to my world of lousy baking.....spend almost 4 hours to bake the Almond cookies for 2 containers niah...why?..because my oven the lower tray heating elements spoilt liau lar...cannot send now to repair....recently bought for about 3 months only ler....I wonder this phrase still valid or not..."good things not cheap and cheap things not good ar"....price at RM169 for 24 litre brand Faber....I doubt the oven already damage for the very 1st day I bought it home lar but not very sure about it as 1st time own a oven mar....as most of time I need to switch the lower tray back to upper tray to bake again....always curious why the lower tray the food cannot cook one?....then that day bake till I fuming mad so called the customer serviceto find out and the technical people told me the lower heating element spoilt and I know it might take for months to repair it thus will send it after CNY lar....


Got the recipe from one of main bentos supply Veron, baking can count one of tough job but many people outside there still complaining the price was expensive...must make profit one mar...no profit job who want to do?....aiyo...see I nagging again....

1st round of my Almond Cookies....(last week)



Over burnt Almond Cookies....


I let my colleagues be my guinea-pig and they claimed taste nice....yeah...


Ingredient : -

A : 100g butter
80g caster sugar or normal sugar for cooking also can

B : 2 eggs whites
1 tsp vanilla essence

C : 80g plain flour or multi purpose flour

Method : -

1) Mix ingredient A first, beat till fluffy, add in ingredient B and mix well before add in ingredient C .

2) Use the back of the stainless steel spoon to scoop and place it on a baking paper. Level off the excess mixture and try to make it thin so that will taste crispy.
3) Place the baking paper with mixture in the oven.
4) According to her method, bake in a pre-heated oven at 170° for 15 mins.
5) Different oven may have different temperature so it may cause ov
er burnt for 1st to 2nd trial.
5) For my oven, I baked with 150° for about 15 mins.
6) When it turn golden, let it cool and store it quickly to prevent softness.



2nd round of my Almond Cookies....(last nite)....jeng jeng jeng....



"L" license passsed...this time not over burnt..it's call golden already...hehehe


Place nicely in to the container....


I double up the ingredients and after the hard work for 4 hours with the lower tray heating element spoilt....I have 2 containers only.....










No comments: