Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

A So so so Sunday

Usually most of weekend I'll tag my Leon boy and spend the time in my mum's house as my family stay just behind my house only. She will cooked porridge for Leon boy and all I need to do is to check in and get Leon boy prepared to eat his meal...That's the advantages if closest family stay nearby us lor... but last weekend they are not at home as they went to "Hari Raya" open house at one of my sister's colleague...


Well...she still cooked porridge for Leon boy early in the morning and my dad sent to me...oh yeah my dad will sometimes do delivery also...don't jealous hor...that's make me more lazy to cook lor.....and fyi I'm a lousy cooker as well especially to estimate the quantity need for eg. 2 serving...most of the time I'll cooked more than the original serving (this always kena "hantam" from hubby).....lol....muahahahaha...

Don't know why out of sudden I feel like to cook Pumpkin and Oyster rice...not only that lar I intend to clear some of my fridge's stuff also lor....so I wake as early as 6.40am go to Pasar pagi and get some long beans, garlic, dried oyster & onions (Ok hub, I try to agak-agak the quantity need this time serving for 2)


But but but...before that let me show you guys something when I check my fridge the day before...jeng jeng jeng....


Yellow onion which keep too long in the fridge till the leaves grow nicely on it...


When I see the date..oh my gosh...see below for close up


Since 30/01/2008..you see lar how terrible I am....paiseh paiseh (shame)

OK lar...stop laughing liau....now back to the main topic....Ingredient to cook Pumpkin & Oyster Rice as per below :-

1.Dried oyster approx. 100g (can add more for those oyster lover)

2.Long beans 6 sticks (cut slices)




3.Pumpkin approx 300g (cut into cubes)


4.Garlic (chop), Ginger (cut in slices) and Shallots (chop) (this portion I also agak-agak one)
and ok I admit the gingers looks ugly and rough as I'm not good in cutting..


5.Rice 2 small standard scoop (serving for 2)

OK guys, below is the step and I hope you guys can understand as I also not good in explanation for those cooking method.

1. Fry gingers, garlics & shallots till golden brown then put aside.

2. After that fry pumpkin, long beans, dried oyster, washed rice together with fried gingers, garlics & shallots. Add some soy sauce, salt, seasoning, sugar (about 3 mins only as will cook all this in the rice cooker later)

3. Now, final step throw everthing into the rice cooker and add water according like normally we cook rice how much rice will equally to how much water consume. (this also depends what type of rice you use lor as some may need less water or the other way round).

4. Switch the ON button and wait till the rice cook and serve.


Mine result is....TADAAA...







Hub say add too much water liau...sigh....


In the afternoon feed porridge to Leon boy and after finished when I go to the kitchen to wash his bowl, this pulak happen..... below pictures show all.....



.
.
.
.
.
.
.













These day, the lil one really clingy can't see me out of his sight sometimes....the photo showed that he follow me to the kitchen and pull my legs...actually he is trying to standing up by pulling my legs but he keeps failed so turn into short of whinning "drama" and mummy have to wash the bowl as fast as lightning..."cham mou"


No comments: